Wednesday, October 14, 2015

{Hannah}: 38 weeks!

We are getting SO CLOSE to meeting Hannah! I could say that I am worn out, exhausted, not sleeping, and in pain, and that wouldn't really cover it. Pregnancy is no joke. I'm just trying to keep an attitude of gratitude: thankful that she's healthy, active, and that so far this pregnancy has been good for her. I'm thankful we live in a country where I can assume that she and I will be taken care of with the best medical technology available if something does go awry!

We went to another gorgeous wedding this weekend - this time it was for Austin's step-sister, Chelsea, and her new hubs, Evan. It was wonderful and beautiful, and an excuse to pull Austin's nose out of his books!

We also celebrated Austin's 29th birthday with family (you can start sending in 30th birthday celebration suggestions now, I'm already working on it!!).


He joked that he didn't want to have to share his birthday with Hannah, and now we won't have to worry about that since it's already passed!

In all, it's been a good week, but I am completely worn out. Exhausted.



This week, Hannah is the size of a ukulele... Preferably a pink one. ;)



How far along? 38 WEEKS AND THREE DAYS!!!!!!! Just four more days til we are full-term. WHOO HOOOOO!
Maternity clothes? 90%, and breaking out some flowy fall tunics that's aren't maternity
Stretch marks? Nothing new
Sleep: not getting much. You come anytime, Hannah. Nothing will change. 
Miss anything? Bending, sitting and sitting up normally!
Movement: sometimes vigorous, usually just slight movements.
Food cravings: anything I didn't cook.
Anything making you queasy or sick? Not lately.
Gender: Girl!
Labor Signs: Now dilated to 3 cm, and 50% effaced. Doctor said, "see you in a week - if you make it that long." We all know that doesn't mean I'll have a baby before next week... But I won't complain!
Belly Button in or out? In
Wedding rings on or off? On
Happy or Moody most of the time? Exhausted, so probably moody.
Looking forward to: HANNAH'S BIRTH! Anytime you want, baby girl.
Prayers this week:
For Austin: that he would be able to focus and remember the principles he is re-learning. It's a struggle for him to be away from us to study so much - I know that the pictures I send him of what Ethan and I are up to sometimes make it harder for him to continue studying. I'm proud of him for persevering, I'm prayerful that he would pass his test so we don't have to endure this mess with TWO kiddos in the spring. 
For me: I had a major anxiety attack this week when I couldn't get Hannah to move during one of the times I'm supposed to check her movement (one of the times that she usually chooses to move). Pray against that kind of anxiety an that I would TRULY cast my cares upon the Lord, both now with her in my belly and when she arrives. (Yes, she moved - after I called my parents AND my doctor). I could also use a little motivation and energy. On Friday I attempted to boycott all house work, but it didn't work. So finding some form of rest when caring for a 2 year old solo would be good, too.
For Hannah: for her health in the womb, through delivery and postpartum (and mine, too!), and that she would be a little girl who is passion all for Jesus.
For Ethan: he's getting to be more clingy, so our prayer is that he would adjust well to Hannah's arrival, and love his little sister well.

xo,
Elizabeth

No comments:

Post a Comment