Monday, May 6, 2013

it's a....



We are so excited to announce that we can now start calling baby Haynes Ethan Michael Haynes! It was so cool that we got to see so much of our very active baby this morning. We bought a DVD of the ultrasound, too, so I will see if we can get that online!

We asked the nurse if we could guess first, because we wanted to see if we were right after seeing the baby. He was not cooperating at first - seriously, he was being a pain! The nurse kept leaning me back further and further, trying to see underneath him because he was sitting straight up. About 20 minutes in (anxiously wondering) he finally turned and showed us that he was a boy - and we guessed it correctly (before and after seeing the Ultrasound)!

We've decided to go with an 18th century nautical theme (think model sailboats, anchors, and whales) in the nursery. Nothing "cartoon-y" - I see lots of antiquing in my future! We're going to paint the top half of the nursery navy blue, and the bottom half will have beadboard wallpaper and a piece of trim dividing it. All of the furniture will be white so we can keep it for (hopefully) a second baby later on. Of course, I will post some pictures when we have them!

We are almost halfway through the pregnancy, but I know the second half will feel longer since I didn't even know I was pregnant the first four weeks (that's just how it goes). We are definitely praying that the pregnancy continues to go well and that baby is healthily growing!

Excited that we can now call our baby boy Ethan, and start preparing for his arrival in September! Ultrasound pictures to come later! Ethan weighs about 11 oz according to his ultrasound, but should only weight 8.5 at this point so.... he will be a BIG baby!


love,

5 comments:

  1. Yeah, little boys are sooo much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know! We are excited about Ethan!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. YAY!! for some reason knowing the gender makes it more real! Expect a baby beard and baby bubble pipe :) Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't wait! I have to know if you or Adam thought it was a boy - who won the bet??

    ReplyDelete
  5. Okay, Well at first I just guessed a girl and Adam guessed a boy so that was the set bet. The longer you were pregnant though the more I thought he was a boy, but I couldn't change my bet :( So by default Adam won. So Ethan in the future when you read this I'm sorry for thinking you were a girl at one time! We are excited to meet you!

    ReplyDelete