Monday, May 13, 2013

week 20 updates

Last week, at 19 weeks, the ultrasound technician measured Ethan as 5 days ahead and a whopping 30% heavier than he was supposed to be (anyone surprised?).  I have to say, I can't really follow the fruit-of-the-week thing anymore, since he actually weighed more last Monday than he is supposed to weigh today. Let's just say that he is big... bigger than the cantaloupe/banana he was last week!

How far along? 20 weeks!! Hooray!!!
Total weight gain/loss: Let's not and say we did :)
Maternity clothes? Yes. In the last two weeks, I have ponied up and started wearing maternity clothes. But hey, my dress today only cost $8! Thanks, Old Navy!
Stretch marks? Not yet...
Sleep: Usually great! Last night was awful - we are tired!
Miss anything? Caffeine. I really, really wish I could have some more.
Movement: SO MUCH! Apparently he isn't big enough to feel outside of my body, though. He was wiggling around like crazy last night and I was trying SO hard to let Austin feel it. I loved it - a perfect Mother's Day, with my son wiggling around... :)
Food cravings: Ice cream, which would make me sick pre-pregnancy. Really I just want the cookie dough that is in the ice cream...
Anything making you queasy or sick: Nope, just heartburn, which is controllable depending on what I choose to eat!
Have you started to show yet: YES. But you can't feel him move yet, so there isn't much reason to touch the belly! 
Gender: BOY!!!!
Labor Signs: None
Belly Button in or out? Slowly coming out...
Wedding rings on or off? On!
Happy or Moody most of the time: Hahaha, depends on who you ask!
Looking forward to: Austin getting to feel Ethan kick for the first time.




I love that we now know the baby's gender, but it honestly feels a little weird to call him Ethan! I guess we will get used to it!

We went to Babies R Us this weekend to actually look at the baby stuff we have registered for, and I think Austin must be sick. I asked him to get some diapers while I was in the restroom since we had a coupon (still undecided on cloth vs. disposable, but I hear you need a few disposable anyway, so we are stocking up). He is usually a very discerning, cheap shopper, but somehow when I got out, he had the Pampers sensitive diapers in his hand ($$$). We had a crash-course on diaper buying right there! We got to see in-person a few of the things we'd registered for online, and add a few boy things as well. Ethan's room may be 18th century nautical, but his stuff will be all sports!

We sure do love you, Ethan Michael! When things slow down a bit, we will definitely be painting & preparing your room!

love,

No comments:

Post a Comment