Monday, April 22, 2013

week seventeen


I have to say, I love how short I look in all
these pictures. I blame Austin!
How far along? 17 weeks!
Total weight gain/loss: 7 lbs.
Maternity clothes? Not yet, but I feel like I'm on the brink. Waiting to tell my employers before I start wearing obvious maternity clothes.
Stretch marks? Nope!
Sleep: You'd think I'd be great on sleep, coming off of a weekend, but really I just want to sleep all night AND all day.
Miss anything? I miss being able to drink several glasses of (caffeinated) tea per day. That would help fight off the urge to nap...
Movement: Not yet!
Food cravings: French fries. I am typically a really healthy eater (hello, vegetarian!) but all I want are some salty fries and some spicy ketchup.
Anything making you queasy or sick: Not sick, but hello heartburn!
Have you started to show yet: Apparently! But it depends on what I wear.
Gender: Don't know!
Labor Signs: None
Belly Button in or out? In.. and still being pushed out
Wedding rings on or off? On
Happy or Moody most of the time: Sad most of this week. I think that ties in to the sleepy thing. I'm sad because I'd rather be sleeping.
Looking forward to: Finding out baby's gender in two weeks!

Baby Haynes is the size of an onion and weighs about 5 ounces.  (Yeah, that's right... not even a half a pound! So glad I could add seven pounds of cushion for you, baby!)


xo,
PS - I'd love to get some registry advice from you mamas out there. Namely, what has been the best and worst things you've registered for? We're keeping toys to a minimum, and we want most of the "big" stuff to be gender-neutral, since we hope to have another baby down the road :)

7 comments:

  1. My best advice is really to ask for gift cards in addition to the things that you know you'll want and need (crib, pack n play, swing, bottles, etc). There were a few things that I thought I wanted/needed, but didn't use. You're more than welcome to "try out" anything I've got (bath tub, bouncer, Baby Bjorn, slings, etc) to make sure that Hannah Rosalee is going to enjoy using them before getting your own (because I know you'll want your own :-)). The worst advice I got when registering is that I won't need a Diaper Genie. Wrong! I couldn't stand to be without mine.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good to know! I hate the way diaper genies look, so I'm looking for an alternative... but I have heard good things!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry :-) Also, make sure that you request that people who bring gifts attach the gift receipt to the gift. It may seem kind of tacky, but, like, you saw at my shower, you're likely to get multiples of things you've registered for. Also, if you register someplace that has a rewards program, I recommend, you ask people to use your rewards number. Babies R Us will send you cash-like vouchers quarterly based on the money spent on your #. I feel like there was one other thing ... hm ... Mommy brain. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  4. Get a good baby carrier! I went to a store in North Houston called Nurtured Family (www.nurturedfamily.com) and they had a bunch of the ones that I had heard really good things about (ergo, beco, etc.) that you could try. Its a mom and pop boutique store and they seriously love everything they sell (they have a bunch of kids, so they actually use all of the products). I have a HAVA sling and a beco gemini and I used them ALL the time with EB. They can also patiently show you how to wear them properly (which is important!). Good luck with registering :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Get some SwaddleMe blankets. They are the only things that helped Easton to sleep when he was a baby. Also, I can not recommend enough reading BabyWise. We didn't do it with EmmyKate and did with Easton and he is the BEST sleeper!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks guys! I am loving the tips... Keep them coming! I just added Baby Wise to the registry, too!

    ReplyDelete