Monday, April 29, 2013

one more week!

We are SO excited to finally be able to call baby by his/her name starting next week! Please comment with "Team Blue" or "Team Pink" so we can keep a tally and see who is right next week! The appointment is at 9 AM (their earliest, of course) so we will know by 9:30 if baby cooperates and then we will tell the world by noon.. promise!

They say that the fathers struggle more with believing the baby is real, and I have to say that is/was true for Austin - hopefully, having a name will help. I don't think he believed I really was pregnant until he saw the baby on the first ultrasound. For a while, he kept asking when I was going to have a baby belly, and it's now getting to look more like a bump (at 18 weeks!).

My parents bought us the crib (thanks y'all!) and mom made me some maternity jeans this weekend, too. It's crazy how much more comfortable they are than my regular jeans! And belly bands are nice, but this is WAY better. She's going to work on a second pair this week that I can wear to work. Most of the other clothes I've bought are dresses, since I think that will be the most comfortable as the bump grows.

I have an awesome reveal planned (well, I hope it's awesome), so make sure you check back in next Monday to see what the gender of the baby is! We're bringing cupcakes with a pink or blue surprise in them to our Small Group next Tuesday, too, which will be really fun! I'll just have to block them from seeing that post ;) In case it isn't posted on Facebook, you can click the link on the right side of the page to subscribe by email.

We've also added a few new info/reference tabs at the top, so check those out!

How far along? 18 weeks! Almost halfway!
Total weight gain/loss: Oh shoot. I really don't want to know.
Maternity clothes? Made some this weekend! I now have jeans and pants for work, and a big shipment coming from Old Navy that I got a steal on!
Stretch marks? No
Sleep: I'm managing to survive on less, definitely waking up often, and feeling tired around 1/2 PM
Miss anything? I don't "miss" it, but I do wish I could go to a theme park this summer. I've wanted to go for a few years now and haven't gotten around to it.
Movement: None yet!
Food cravings: Mexican, all the time, which is really terrible when you have heartburn.
Anything making you queasy or sick: No, just heartburn - even after I eat mild cheese!
Have you started to show yet: A good friend asked how far along I was this last weekend and guessed two months. I'm in my fifth month!
Gender: We find out in a week!!!!
Labor Signs: None
Belly Button in or out? In.. but definitely shallower than it was.
Wedding rings on or off? On, but it was a little harder getting Grandma's ring on my right hand this morning .
Happy or Moody most of the time: Stress at work made me really sad last week, but I have an awesome husband who worked hard Friday and Saturday to cheer me up. It made for a GREAT weekend!
Looking forward to: Calling the baby by it's name, and going to Canton this weekend to look for a dresser/changing table/media cabinet!

(We've had a rough case of the Mondays this morning... so check back later for a bump picture!)

Love, 
________________________________________________________________________

Dear Baby Haynes,

I was told to have some sugar (a cold, sugary drink) before we go in to see if you're a boy or a girl, so you'll be wiggling. I have no problem with  treating myself  to donut holes and Starbucks on a special morning, so thank you for that. I hope the sugar will affect you, and that you'll show us if you're a boy or a girl. Your mom convinced your dad to ask his boss to move a big work trip back a day for this, so it's kind of a big deal... but no pressure!


Can't wait to call you by name. We love you!

Mom & Dad


1 comment:

  1. We are loving your posts, Elizabeth! And, I think I am going to vote girl :) Can't wait to hear to big news next week!

    ReplyDelete