Friday, January 17, 2014

painted basket - easy DIY

I get the Young House Love blog posts to my inbox every day, and some Better Homes & Gardens emails throughout the week, too. I love YHL beacuse they post simple projects (like this painted basket idea) and really complicated ones (like painting your kitchen cabinets!).

I decided to mock their basket idea when I saw this - very large - basket at Marshall's for $15. I'm all about hiding Ethan's toys away, so I snagged it in the checkout line and brought it home as a project. I love it already, y'all!

My little helper! Who would easily fit IN the basket...

Started out with some gray to match the brick on our fireplace.

Ta-da! I love it!
The basket is TOO large right now for all the toys we keep in the living room... which is nice because I'm sure we will only accrue more toys. Because I had acrylic paint from other projects laying around, as well as brushes, this only cost the $15 I spent on the basket. They had some smaller ones at Marshall's that I may go back for so I can use one for Bear's toys (all 3 of them...). I'm also working on re-decorating our mantel. The vases will stay but I'm kinda over the ampersand. :)

Also - the white paint was super thick. I took a really wet paper towel to it after I painted the white line and then dried it with a dry towel. It made it look a little less "painted" and a little more like it came that way.

I also plan on painting in the "dining room" this weekend... stay tuned!

xo,

No comments:

Post a Comment