Thursday, March 13, 2014

getting over our first cold

We ended our streak of no baby sickness last week - at 5.5 months old, Ethan got his first cold! We think he caught it at church. He is a very strong baby, though, and after about 9 days of cold symptoms, we started to see relief! Today he is asymptomatic, aside from a few little boogies.



I got very little done while he was sick, because there was snuggling and healing to be done. I had to make sure he was propped up on his mattress, swaddled, warm, had his humidifier on, had his baby eucaliptis/spearmint rub on his chest and feet, and suck out more boogies than I care to recount. Do all babies hate that snot-sucking thing?

Since I'm not working from home, we've decided to transform the back office (4th bedroom in the back of the house) into a man cave for Austin (plus my sewing machine - so masculine) and make the would-be dining room - which is attached to the living room - Ethan's play space.

It's safe to say this little boy is without want.
He has never even touched half of those toys!

That play mat was $13.50 after a coupon at Garden Ridge! It helps keep Ethan off the carpet when he scoots, which is great because there's an endless supply of Bear hair in the carpet since he is shedding his winter coat.

Next on my list is painting all of our trim white, which I started when I recently painted the dining room and the entryway, beginning with the living room trim and then the kitchen, followed by the hallway, bedrooms, and then - finally - spraying all our doors! We all know how much I hate painting doors...

Happy to have a healthy baby boy again! And here's this gem, too - three generations of Haynes men!


xo,

No comments:

Post a Comment