Thursday, July 24, 2014

ten months old

It has been quite a morning. Austin got back from a day-trip to Denver for work late last night (around 1 am) so he was sleeping in, and it was day 2 of getting myself and a baby ready - solo. I'm terrible at the timing when I don't have the help I am used to, so I almost always run late when I am alone (you think I would learn). So, of course I forgot my cell phone, Ethan's bottle, and Ethan's Wubbanub at home, and somehow remembered my lunch. I made 2 trips back for the first two items and didn't realize the Wubbanub was at home until after Ethan was already at daycare. I think I've emphasized before how dependant we are on his Wubba (here and here). Fortunately, Austin took it in around 9:30 this morning, so all is right with the world again!

That said, I DID remember that today marks 10 months of this little boy's life. We had a rough photoshoot. He thought he was in crib-prison, mama just thought the crib sheets (from his great Aunt Barbara) were too cute and had to be used. Ethan was winning that battle, until dad woke up and helped him smile!


Pre-dad-intervention. I wish this wasn't so blurry because
I might seriously frame it. I love this pout!
imprisoned

At least he isn't crying....

Jail shot! Daddy entertaining Ethan
It's working! Laying down is for the birds
Happy boy!

The puppet culprit - the gift from Pop Pop that makes Ethan smile!

The ONLY smiling shot with his legs down. It was a rough shoot.

I weighed Ethan recently, and he weighed 22 lbs! He's probably still tracking at about 60-70th percentile to weight. We know he's over 30" tall, but do you blame me for not measuring? I mean, pictures are hard enough. He's more about the candid shots ;)

We leave for Colorado Saturday, bright and early. There's still much to do (finish packing & preparing our home for the contractors). Hopefully the busyness will help us pass the time quickly. And hopefully that dreaded flight goes well, and quickly. Thanks to all our friends for your tips on flying with a baby!

Oh, did I mention that Ethan saw Austin bringing the Wubbanub to daycare and lost it? It's just been that kind of day. Whew!

xo,
PS - here's a cute video of Ethan playing with the puppy-puppet!

No comments:

Post a Comment