Saturday, February 2, 2013

baby names

Fortunately, I've been able to get a lot of hand-me-down baby books from my sister-in-law, Kristin. Jackson is now 3 months old (almost 4 months) so she doesn't exactly need a baby names book or "What to Expect when You're Expecting".

Both books have come in handy for obvious reasons. The baby name book helped us pick a boy's name yesterday. We had Hannah Rosalie picked for a girl's name a while back; we think Hannah Haynes sounds pretty sweet, and Rosalie was my late grandma's name. She was one of the most loving and giving people I've ever met.

Boys names were much harder to figure out. We knew we wanted Michael as a middle name, because it's Austin's middle name, and because it was his Papaw's name and his uncle's middle name - you could say it runs in the family! I was flipping through the book, reading all the names to Austin as we traveled to Austin, Tx to get a refrigerator and other furnishings from his Grammie (thanks Grammie!) late last night. I read so many names to him (and even joked about naming our kid Duke E. Haynes) before he decided he liked the name Ethan. I'm pretty open with names unless its totally off-the-wall, so the credit for this pick goes to Austin - plus, it was the first name we both really liked.

So, if we have a boy, he will be Ethan Michael Haynes. If we have a girl, she will be Hannah Rosalie Haynes. And Ethan and I would share the same initials :)

We won't know whether it is a boy or a girl until April or May. Until then, we will just keep praying that our sweet bundle of joy is healthy in mommy's belly.


Still getting used to the concept of being a mommy...

No comments:

Post a Comment