Monday, February 11, 2013

how we told the grandparents..

I still want to come up with a unique way to tell everyone (read: post on Facebook) that we are pregnant, but this is the photo we used to tell our parents:

Inline image 1

We got the idea from a couple who used their Rainbow sandals (daddy shoes, mama shoes, baby shoes) to do a baby announcement, and I liked it, but I thought wine and beer suited us better :) I also put October on here, but I'm pretty sure my due date is September 25th, though the doctor will determine that on Monday, when we get to see our child for the first time! I'm excited about that, because maybe then it'll really click for Austin that we are going to be parents. He doesn't see a belly so somewhere in the back of his mind he doesn't think I'm "really" pregnant!

I was excited to see what my parents would want to go by, but I think they're going to be a traditional grandma and grandpa, which I think suits them. Austin's mom goes by "GiGi", and his dad is "Grumpy", I believe. :)

I also keep getting the question of whether I think it's a boy or a girl - and I honestly don't know. I go back and forth, so I joke that maybe we'll have both a boy and a girl! ;) Austin likes that idea, but twins don't run in our families, so it's pretty unlikely, and I really don't think it's twins.

I'm really excited about little Ethan/Hannah, but really glad we have another 7-8 months :)



No comments:

Post a Comment