Wednesday, February 20, 2013

seeing and hearing baby for the first time!


That's our baby! We heard the heartbeat, too - this mama cried! I had a better grip of the fact that I'm pregnant than Austin did, but it still struck me hearing the heartbeat that this is a baby! If you look hard enough (or use your imagination) you can see where the head and legs and arms are. We could even see the heart beating on the ultrasound.

I thought I was due on September 25, but the doctor pushed me back because the baby measured at 7 weeks and 6 days on Monday, so the baby is due September 30, and I am 8 weeks and 2 days pregnant! Disclaimer, this does mean Austin is only getting a baby from me for his birthday. I know, that may seem silly but it's really expensive to have a baby! We already got the bill, and my jaw dropped right in front of the receptionist.

I leave for Hawaii on Friday (Austin will join me next Thursday) and we will be back.... eventually! By the time I get back, I'll be 10 weeks pregnant! I go back for a checkup in about a month. They can run a special test ($$$) to find out the baby's gender as early as 11 weeks, but we will wait until 20 weeks, which would be around May 13th! That'll be my  birthday present. :)

Excited about our little raspberry!


No comments:

Post a Comment