Monday, June 17, 2013

week 25

I can't believe I only have 14 days left in my second trimester. I feel like the third trimester is when it's time to get down to business, so I'm a little intimidated! This pregnancy has flown by. So much for all the plans I had! Fortunately, the heartburn has subsided (somewhat).. either that, or I've gotten really smart about what I eat. I just miss Tex-Mex so much...

We still haven't finished the nursery, but we hope to this week. We just need to go get the trim and a few useful tools from Ethan's super-Grandpa (seriously, I have no idea what Austin & I would do without my daddy!).
That's me, at about 1 1/2 years old, playing with my dad!
Don't you love his jeans?
We've decided to slow down on home improvements, which is a really hard commitment for me to make! Austin is traveling to Laredo so often (and with such little time at home in-between) that we don't want our time to revolve around our house - or our money, for that matter! So we're whittling down our list to affordable things and things that we have to do (like fix that ugly, broken window!). It's just as well, because I'm starting my third trimester and need to chill out a little for Ethan's good :) Let's just get this nursery done!

And now, without further ado, a photo of the mondo-belly! I'm sorry if you don't think it's huge, but it feels huge.

I'd like you all to know I was going to take this picture in a very cute outfit that I wore to work today, however, I managed to spill all the oil from my sun dried tomatoes all over my pants when I was plating dinner. Awesome. It's also in a different room because we're waiting on an electrician to fix the light in our living room!

How far along? 25 weeks.. and it's getting harder to remember which week it is.
Total weight gain/loss: 15 lbs
Maternity clothes? None today! Just a belly band - the rest are "my" clothes :)
Stretch marks? Avoiding them with cocoa butter
Sleep: It's not bad, but now when I roll over, Ethan moves around and wakes me up
Miss anything? A cold beer/glass of wine on a hot summer day.
Movement: Lots! You can SEE it! I wish I could tell where he was by the way he was moving.
Food cravings: Mexican, which is unfortunate because it gives me heartburn. One of these days I'm going to do it anyway.
Anything making you queasy or sick: Bear's breath. It is terrible, and nothing is making it better.
Have you started to show yet: Obviously
Gender: Boy!
Labor Signs: Zero
Belly Button in or out? Shallower by the minute, but in.
Wedding rings on or off? On!
Happy or Moody most of the time: Happy, mostly. A little mood mixed in. I have the best husband...
Looking forward to: Finishing this nursery!

No comments:

Post a Comment