Friday, April 24, 2015

nineteen months old

Mom of the year didn't know what day it is! 19 months isn't a huge milestone but I do want to have these entries to reflect on Ethan's growth. It's late and we are still moving in to our new house (overdue on a post on that, too) so let's just say it's a good thing there's a Blogger app on my phone. And forgive me if its wonky! I'll correct it later ;)

{one year ago today!}

He wears 3T pajamas and wants to be outside for about half of the day. We have an awesome backyard now, so that's ok by mama, too. He sleeps in a big boy bed now (full-sized mattress!).


{in his big boy bed}

He is increasingly independent and learning new words every minute, it seems. He started saying "ok" today (just one noteable one!), and I have a much easier time communicating with him what I do/don't want him to do; it's a blessing until he gets frustrated with my words not aligning with his desires and a tantrum ensues. 


He is also a little copycat - it is both adorable and terrifying. I got him on video having a fake conversation on his fake phone and pausing to put the fake person he was talking to on hold to talk to me - put the phone to his chest while he did it. I don't know who he saw doing that, but he absorbed it like a little sponge. My prayer is that I teach him well with my actions... Oh Lord, do I ever need help with that one.

{figuring out how to put on shoes}



And in about 6 more months, we will meet the next baby Haynes, who will probably imitate their brother more than they do me. He is going to be an awesome big brother - I know it!

xo,


No comments:

Post a Comment