Monday, August 12, 2013

week 33

I had an awesome doctor's appointment today! First, she told me I'd only gained 18 lbs, which I thought I'd gained 6 weeks ago, so this was awesome news! And she smiled and told me that was perfect. Then she said Ethan is also perfect (heartbeat of 135), my mild contractions are normal (but they're not Braxton Hicks), and that he is head down, but hasn't dropped. Basically, things are exactly as they should be!

Back to the contractions bit: this happened yesterday. I was very uncomfortable/experiencing some cramping, and not in the same way that I'm uncomfortable when Ethan kicks or bears into my bladder. They're only in my lower abdomen and they go away if I do the opposite of what I'm doing (sitting or walking). The doctor said this is normal, and only to worry if they encompass the whole abdomen and I get more than 4/hour, or if they're accompanied with bleeding. So far, so good.

As for weight gain: ideal weight gain for someone with my BMI is 25-35 lbs, and I'm on target to gain 25... also exciting news!

Ethan is always moving in there, which is also an indicator that he is healthy. His anatomy scan at 20 weeks showed no reason for concern, so we will not see him again until he makes his appearance! The doctor also told me that 37-42 weeks is considered full term, so depending on how/what Ethan is doing, we will see him in the next 4-8 weeks! After 42 weeks, some stuff happens with the placenta that isn't good, so we will get him out before then.

How far along? 33 weeks, though my doctor said I'm almost 34 weeks?? I'm confused.
Weight gain: 18 lbs!!
Maternity clothes? None, aside from my belly band
Stretch marks? None
Sleep: Lots this weekend! I love having my doctor appointments on Mondays and sleeping until 7!
Miss anything? Not right now!
Movement: Often!
Food cravings: Still having mostly aversions, and not being hungry very often
Anything making you queasy or sick: Those crampy contractions make me feel sick!
Have you started to show yet: Undeniably
Gender: Boy
Labor Signs: Yikes, I guess so...
Belly Button in or out? IN! I hope it stays in. I think it'd be a rarity.
Wedding rings on or off? On! The swelling hasn't started yet.
Happy or Moody most of the time: Sleepy and cuddly this week. And maybe a little needy. I love my husband :)
Looking forward to: a baby shower this weekend! (And maybe painting those doors... sigh)

We DID get in Ethan's bed frame. This is what we ordered:

Spa Sensations Steel Smart Base Bed Frame Black, Multiple Sizes
We actually got the twin size, but this looks like what we have under our bed. They take about 10 seconds to set up, are incredible durable, never squeak or shake, and it's tall so you can store a LOT under it. It also replaced a box spring, which we did have, but Austin thought the extra storage space would come in handy. Plus, these things outlast a box spring! I'm just glad to have one less thing on the list. All that's left are the doors. They literally haunt my dreams.



And lastly, the hubby is in Louisiana until this evening, so these photos from the beach this weekend will have to do. Our scaredy furbaby got over lots of fears this weekend! 

Bear the scardey-dog
Bear who conquered the ocean
He got IN the ocean (he was afraid of any depth of water/pools), and he did not vomit in the car after a 1.5-hour car ride! We'd say we were beaming with pride, but he did whine his way through the night at my brother's house like a big baby. Can't win them all...

Hope your weekend was as fun & restful as ours was!

love,

2 comments:

  1. Dear Elizabeth, We are so very happy for you guys. I wish I could be there for your baby shower but I will keep you in my prayers instead. Much Aloha, Aunty Mele XOXO;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks aunt Mele! We sure to miss you all! Love you!

    ReplyDelete