Monday, August 5, 2013

32 weeks

For the first 6 months of pregnancy, I really didn't mind being pregnant. There were very few bad side effects (aside from losing 1/2 my wardrobe and needing prescription heartburn meds that I am bound to daily). Being 5'10" helps a little with spacial issues/crowding... that is, unless you're married to a 6'7" (maybe 6'6", we debate) man, who gives you a lanky baby. I'm convinced this kid is enormous - in length, if nothing else.

Ethan, I do believe we'd both be more comfortable if you were more into the fetal position than the "L" position - or whatever it is you're doing with your butt on my right and your foot on my far left. Yes, I am officially uncomfortable. I wake up with backaches, sit crooked at work so I can stretch out, and recline at every opportunity. Son, we have about 8 weeks left. Let's figure something out.

Bear made his appearance this morning (his ratted up toy, too).
 This week, theBump.com says baby is the size of a squash (a round one). Let's just refer back to the pineapple from last week: he feels bigger than that, and about as comfortable.

There's a baby in there!!
In other news, progress was made on the nursery, thanks to Austin!

Apparently, the only picture I took was of the one upside-down outlet.
I'm very excited that they're tamper-resistant! Yay!

Yes, the other thing(s) are those closet doors. Hate, hate, hate. I'm sure when they're done, I'll be the happiest mama on the block.

They still look like that, but the extra trim and compressor/nail gun is gone.

How far along? 32 weeks (starting month #8!)
Maternity clothes? belly-banding it today
Stretch marks? None
Sleep: Lots this weekend, none last night.
Miss anything? my wardrobe
Movement: All. The. Time. He just elbowed my hip for the 14th time today, and has already had hiccups once.
Food cravings: More like, "nothing sounds good and I'm not hungry, are you sure I have to eat?" every day.
Anything making you queasy or sick: Only when I forget my heartburn meds, or don't take them with food (they're serious about taking them with food).
Have you started to show yet: Undeniably
Gender: Boy
Labor Signs: None yet, thankfully
Belly Button in or out? Hanging in there!
Wedding rings on or off? On, no sign of that changing yet.
Happy or Moody most of the time: Argumentative? Not sure that's new though.
Looking forward to: Baby showers!

This weekend is our last "free" weekend until Ethan comes, with the exception of Labor Day. The others are full of showers, and/or not making plans in case a little man wants to cancel them. We have one or two more house projects that we'd like to wrap up before Ethan gets here.. but I also have a couple to post about later that we did in the last week!

I didn't get a video of it, but Austin and I both watched Ethan drag his foot across the left side of my stomach on Saturday night. Seeing that makes things a little more "real" for Austin, but I also think it scared him a little. Yes, there's a real live human in there!

Excited to meet our little man... :)

love,

No comments:

Post a Comment