Monday, August 26, 2013

week 35

This is a long one... are you ready? (Plus some awesome news about our next appointment at the very end.)

We had some awesome showers this weekend! Some picture highlights from the shower with my work and the one my Aunt & cousin threw for me:

so much food...

diving duckies!
my Aunt Barbara made this!


And these are from my work shower on Friday:

my coworker, Lauren, made this!

we ate at Arturo's in Uptown Park


they both say Ethan, and there's a matching onesie!
At this point in pregnancy, I am:
  • tired - but maybe our new mattress will help fix that! 
  • uncomfortable. It reaches a new level every day 
  • hot. At this time last summer, I was using a space heater almost daily at my unreasonably cold office. Not anymore... 
  • thirsty. I can't seem to drink enough water. My body needs it!
  • nesting. If my house isn't clean/organized, I can't sleep (Austin can't relate). 
  • packed. I have my new black Vera Bradley duffel loaded & ready to go!
  • irritable. I've noticed a shorter fuse in the last few days when inanimate objects didn't cooperate. One time included being sprayed by the sprinkler repeatedly while trying to set it.
  • starting weekly appointments. Today was the first of the weekly appointments in my last month of pregnancy! 
We only have five weeks left until our due date. I think little Ethan will outgrow his living quarters before I hit 40 weeks, but my mom says she thinks he will be an October baby. Aside from being tired of being pregnant, I'm fine with Ethan hanging in there until he is totally ready to come out.

We've come a long ways - a whole 35 weeks - without any say from Ethan's padre on this blog. I think it's time for that entry...

An Interview with a Dad-to-be
What do you love most about pregnancy (or Liz being pregnant)? I don't really notice a difference (but I do like seeing her waddle in the mornings ;) )
What do you look forward to most about your son? I look most forward seeing what interests we share and having more of an excuse to be a kid
Did you think he would be a boy or a girl? Girl, not sure why though
What is your biggest fear in parenthood? I can't think of anything serious, but I am not looking forward to the smell of poo...
Do you think Ethan will be early, on time, or late? Early, because I have to travel for work and Liz will force labor to spite me :)

I'm not sure I will force labor (is that possible?) but I did warn him against traveling in September!

This week's bump picture - my cousin Angela
& me at dinner after the baby shower.
Baby Olive is coming in December!


How far along? 35 weeks (my doctor said 35.5, I'm still confused).
Weight gain: 18 lbs
Maternity clothes? Not today, just a really forgiving maxi skirt.
Stretch marks? None!
Sleep: It's been pretty good (I can't get enough). We just got a new mattress, too!
Miss anything? Caffeine - I still struggle through the day.
Movement: Seems to be slowing down a bit, but I could be wrong.
Food cravings: Not craving, but grazing. Right now there are goodies from the shower in the kitchen... too tempting.
Anything making you queasy or sick: I get really lightheaded - fast. I have to drink a ton of water.
Have you started to show yet: Very obviously so.
Gender: Boy!
Labor Signs: Nothing big.
Belly Button in or out? IN! But it is flattening out...
Wedding rings on or off? Still on. I never take them off, so I have to make sure they're not stuck every once in a while.
Happy or Moody most of the time: Moody lately...
Looking forward to: An unexpected ultrasound next THURSDAY! I can't wait!!

love,

No comments:

Post a Comment