Monday, September 2, 2013

week 36

Just four more weeks!

Today, Austin leaves for Lubbock... so no matter what happens, I have to hold this baby in this week! He isn't really showing any signs of making an entrance anyway, but I would hate for Ethan to come and Austin be 8 hours away.

This week, we rearranged Ethan's room a little. I'm not a huge fan of the way it looks when you walk in, but we made the decision to move the dresser because 1) I didn't want pee and poo on those pretty white curtains, and 2) I can change Ethan's diaper from a variety of angles this way, rather than just from the side. I personally prefer changing diapers from the baby's feet, not their side. When you're in the room (say, sitting on the bed), the layout makes sense.

You walk in and... bam, there's the dresser!
(And the diaper pail)

The dresser looks really nice next to the crib, though!
Hey, we have a crib skirt! Thanks, Grandma!

It's going to take some getting used to. The rocker will go next to that table
which will soon be re-painted white.
I still prefer the dresser under the window, but I think I'm choosing function over form this time. Ethan won't know the difference!

Blurry...

Much better!
How far along? 36 weeks!
Weight gain: I feel like I doubled it last week.. I feel huge and uncomfortable.
Maternity clothes? Yes, I love these jeans.
Stretch marks? None
Sleep: It's getting more rough. I absolutely can't get comfortable, and my back always hurts.
Miss anything? A good night's sleep. I don't think I'm going to see one of those for a LONG time.
Movement: He still has his crazy bouts!
Food cravings: Last Monday I wanted (and got) Fuddruckers. Lately, I've just wanted something healthy - a fruit and veggie tray would really do the trick.
Anything making you queasy or sick: Heartburn, if I forget my medicine!
Have you started to show yet: Hahaha...
Gender: Boy
Labor Signs: Nothing major, and hoping to keep it that way at least one more week
Belly Button in or out? In, and we don't think it's going to come out.
Wedding rings on or off? On!
Happy or Moody most of the time: Happy!
Looking forward to: The ultrasound this Thursday!!! I can't wait to see Ethan!

love,

2 comments:

  1. Austin is brave leaving town right now, I would have to kill damon if he traveled that close to our due date ;) The room looks great - makes me wish we could start on ours. xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know! I had to concede because this will give him potential work to do from home post-baby. Ethan isn't quite full-term until next Monday so I want to keep him in there anyway :)

    ReplyDelete