Monday, September 9, 2013

week 37

We are full-term! If Ethan comes now, we're not considered premature (he would have been had he arrived on Friday, though we all know he is a big boy!). The doctor said that since I'm full term I can do whatever I want. You better believe we are going on a LONG walk today! I'm still dilated at 2 cm ("a loose two" as my doctor says) and 50% effaced.

We have been so blessed by the phone calls, emails, texts, Facebook & Twitter posts/messages, and visits (and FOOD!) over the weekend. We're so thankful to have a community of friends and family who care about us!

I got up extra early with Austin this morning so I could catch up on my emails from Friday and prepare for work today. I had a doctor's appointment this morning and I wanted to be sure I was ready to hit the ground running at work afterward (assuming I was allowed to work!).

I didn't get dressed up much this weekend (who would?) so this is pretty much what I looked like:

Bear was so cute this morning. He loves the Monday
pictures we take!
Looks like a thumb in the picture, but that is our chair!
The good news is that we now have a car seat! Though we didn't have a shower this weekend as planned, we had a lot of family members come by and bring gifts, so now we don't have to worry about the swing, carrier/car seat, or the stroller. It's a nice relief!

We're so excited to meet Ethan. Sitting in a hospital room and thinking about meeting your baby really put a new perspective on it. We still think it will happen soon!

How far along? 37 weeks! I can hardly believe we are full term!
Weight gain: I actually feel smaller after our stint in the hospital, but I'm sure that's not true.
Maternity clothes? Yep! Very comfy work slacks my mom modified for me
Stretch marks? Just one over my belly button
Sleep: We caught up on it this weekend, but I was in and out of sleep all night because Ethan made me awfully uncomfortable.
Miss anything? Not at this point!
Movement: Occasional, but not that rowdy. He did get riled up between contractions Friday morning.
Food cravings: I wanted Birthday Cake ice cream, but it didn't hit the spot. The stuff HEB makes has too much chocolate in it.
Anything making you queasy or sick: Heartburn, if I forget to take my medicine!
Have you started to show yet: You can't tell?
Gender: Boy
Labor Signs: Yep! We keep wondering when it's going to be the real deal.
Belly Button in or out? In, and I don't think it's going to come out.
Wedding rings on or off? On! I haven't started swelling (yet)
Happy or Moody most of the time: Happy! Sleepy lately....
Looking forward to: Meeting our little man!!

love,

No comments:

Post a Comment