Friday, June 27, 2014

mini home updates

Sometimes we have these projects waiting in the wings that just "eventually" need to get done, (I prefer "immediately", Austin prefers "maybe, sometime, who knows"). Below are a couple of Liz-only projects. (The back yard was a primarily-Austin project.)

1) Pantry.
Our pantry is impractical. You cant see everything in it. It's the biggest we've had to date, and we've filled it with junk because we couldn't see what was in it. My solution? Shelving in our laundry-mudroom (now laundry-mudroom-pantry!).  I can see everything! I bought the shelving unit and had it all sorted and assembled within an hour. I can't wait to actually cook all this food that we couldn't tell we had before! This shelving unit came from Lowe's. I used a $10 off of $50 coupon on it, too.

Top shelf: lunch food, bags
Shelf 4: spices and dinner food items (beans, pasta, rice)
Shelf 3: way too many jars of honey, breakfast items
Shelf 2: baking supplies (I don't know how we got so many)
Bottom shelf: dog food (tub), water bottles, gatorade
2) My desk.
We decided I didn't need a formal office since I'm not working at home anymore. I was using this desk during the five months I was working form home, and I love it. We based all our new living room furniture off this $80 Target find. It has no drawers, but we all know I like to keep things simple, so I'm not bothered by it. Anyway, I finally got it staged and decorated the way I want it to look! We're going to move that bookshelf to the man cave (maybe? If the man cave ever gets cleaned up enough??). The chair is also from Target, but unfortunately, you can only purchase it in-store. I think it was somewhere around $60-80. The wood legs match the desk better in real life. So does the frame of the chalkboard. ("True Colors" just started playing in my head..)

I love my little chalkboard! $20 on Amazon.com

Next down the pike: fixing our gate (thanks to our escape-artist dog), tightening up the railing in the front, and, of course, the bathroom remodel!

xo,


No comments:

Post a Comment