Wednesday, June 24, 2015

{Ethan} 21 months!

I think it's a very sweet coincidence that I'm 21 weeks pregnant with Hannah and Ethan is 21 months old! Hannah will be here in about four months, and Ethan will be TWO in three months! Though he babbles out what he thinks are words most of the time, his vocabulary is growing by the week! In the last two weeks he started saying water (wahdada, actually represents all liquids. For instance, I know he can say 'juice', he just doesn't), ow, walk (which means 'take me to the park'). He's learned new animal noises (moo, meow) but he thinks all fruits are apples ;)

His improved coordination means he runs, skips a little, and can use the big kid park that's closer to our house! The play equipment is rated ages 3-10, but don't tell this ambitious little boy that.






He gets flushed easily when we play in the heat so it's a great reminder that he needs lots of liquids out there! We are also enjoying a lot of time in our backyard and our neighborhood pool! I love that we have an area to meet other parents of littles: the baby pool! I never take electronics to the pool so we have no photos of that fun yet.



Since I was a lifeguard, a swimmer, and a swim instructor, we are gradually teaching Ethan to swim, starting with floating on his back and blowing bubbles. He has zero fear of the water, so we work on it a little bit every time we go to the pool, which has been about twice a week. We need to teach him the word 'run' so he understands NOT to run at the pool! ;)

I just looked through my phone, and there are so many amazing pictures from the last month! Apologies for gushing, but when you think your kid is the cutest in the world, how can you not take constant pictures?!

















We did have a little cold two weeks ago, but mama's never went away (and might now be a sinus infection) so we are off to the doctor tomorrow! It will be the first time I've been to a PCP in five years - the last time I got sick enough to see a doctor, I needed my appendix out. I just can't keep functioning with this constant sinus pressure! Pregnancy and a toddler can really lower your immune ability - I have a feeling I'm only getting a glimpse into what sicknesses are to come with two little kiddos... :)

xo,
Elizabeth

No comments:

Post a Comment