Thursday, September 24, 2015

{Ethan}: our TWO year old!

TWO YEARS ago, I was handed a little bundle after 19 hours of labor. He had a major cone-head (he still has a huge head) and and was very alert. All the nurses commented on how wide-eyed and alert he was for a newborn! He took a couple seconds to make any noise immediately after delivery, and I had to reassure myself that he was ok. I was immensely relieved when he was handed to me - and when we saw him, we thought he was perfect.



We hit some milestones really early, like rolling over both ways consistently at two months old (what? That's insane). Others came a little later than some of our friend's milestones (speech). Still the most remarkable thing about Ethan is SUCH a happy kid! If you tell me that he looks like his dad, I may give you a weird look. It's not true. But if you say that he acts like his dad, I would agree 100%. He's his father's goofy son. Austin always knows exactly what to do to make Ethan laugh harder and play with more excitement than I ever could! You could chalk it up to being a guy thing, but I think it's more - I am certain those two will have a Phil & Luke Dunphy relationship!



I think, with both my kids, I have been most nervous about their personalities. I know who I was growing up and I fear I'll have to raise a mini-me. Something tells me miss Hannah will have more of my stubborn streak (or really - Papaw's), but Ethan has always been just a sweet and playful boy. He's pretty obedient (for a two-year-old), as long as we manage his expectations and his schedule well!


Ethan, I just can't say it enough: I'm so blessed to be your mama.

Happy 2nd Birthday!

xo,
Elizabeth

No comments:

Post a Comment